Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Let’s Celebrate Kettle Corn!

October is National Popcorn Popping Month! To celebrate, we wanted to profess our love for a Big E favorite – kettle corn.

It’s no surprise that the sweet and crunchy treat is beloved by the masses of fairgoers who come through our gates. I am a member of the kettle corn fan club as well. Each year I get in line to buy myself a bag at least once. I usually get a medium sized bag thinking it will last me a few days – but that is never the case. Before I know it, all I have is a few un-popped kernels scattered across the bottom of my bag. What’s worse, it has only been a half-hour.

I’ve come to find that I’m not the only person who has this problem. Many fairgoers stock up to get themselves through a few days at the very least. This past year I stood in line behind a family that bought six large bags of kettle corn. In hindsight, they were probably saving it to celebrate this awesome month.  

     

Luckily for all us aficionados, the popular snack was sold from multiple vendors this year – Henry’s Old Fashioned Kettle Korn, Cloud Nine Delights (New Hampshire Kettle Corn), Pioneer Valley Poppers Kettle Corn, Good Ole Boy Kettle Korn and Kettle Korn Express.

Liz Roman, our embedded reporter at The Big E this year, even did a kettle corn showdown to find out who had the best kettle corn on the grounds. Visit the link at the bottom to check out what she had to say!

Now that you’re craving kettle corn, join in the festivities of this national celebration and pick up a box of Orville Redenbacher’s or try your luck at making some at home.


No comments: